Online presence is one of the most crucial factors for your success. Whether you need it for business, marketing, professional or personal needs, web presence is paramount. An online portfolio is the best way to showcase your work to potential customers or employers. Nowadays, there are multiple options to create a portfolio website. If you have been wondering how to make a portfolio website, the answer is quite simple. An online portfolio maker is the easiest, most convenient and affordable way to build your web presence and demonstrate everything you are proud of. In this article, we will guide you through the best websites for portfolios, describe their main pros and cons as well as factors such as price and the level of customization, all of which will help you choose a perfect one for you.
List of the Best Portfolio Websites You Should Consider
No matter your professional background, now you can build a portfolio website on your own. Here is a list of the most popular portfolios sites to choose from.
Wix is considered one of the easiest and the most convenient service to make a portfolio website. It has a user-friendly interface, it’s affordable, and it allows to create a website super quickly. You will definitely find something that suits your tastes and interests. On this platform, you can browse more than 500 templates. There are 17 templates dedicated specifically to creating a website portfolio. These templates will significantly facilitate the process of creating an online collection of your works. Choose the one that you like, insert the content you want to share with other people, and that’s pretty much it.
Among the main pros of Wix are:
- Creative control that allows putting stamps on a portfolio.
- You can change the layout appearance and place elements in the way you like to make your website as personalized as possible.
- You can create a page optimized for any device, whether it’s a laptop or a smartphone.
Sounds good, right? But…
- There is no chance you can switch a chosen template once you start working. If you decide that you want to go for another website template, you will have to start over again and create your portfolio from scratch. Take this into account, so you don’t have to waste your time and energy in the future.
As to pricing, Wix offers a free plan, but you will see ads and your website will tell people it’s created with this builder. If you want to make your online gallery impeccable, you should consider a monthly subscription. The price range varies from $4 to $24 per month, depending on the plan you choose and features available. However, it’s definitely worth trying if you want to achieve outstanding results.
This portfolio website builder is a top choice of artists and photographers as it offers various stylish design templates and affordable pricing. Squarespace will help you create an eye-catching professional portfolio to take your career to the next level. You can easily create an engaging, responsive website, and anyone can evaluate your creative works from any device they are comfortable with. Make a stunning first impression to attract more clients to your business or to make recruiters invite you for an interview.
The main pros of this particular builder:
- Plenty of options for your portfolio website design or other creative needs. These are considered the most visually impressive templates available on the Internet.
- You will get access to guides that will help you make the most of your time on the website and streamline the process as much as possible.
- The support team is also available 24/7, so any occurring issues can be addressed quickly.
- It won’t be a trouble to add additional pages. You can consider adding a blog with useful tips to make readers spend more time on your website and make it more visible to other people on Google.
You can boost your online visibility with ease for a reasonable price after a free trial. However, there are some drawbacks as well.
- Compared to other competitors, the price will be quite a bit higher than average. Therefore, this one will be more appropriate for qualified professionals. If it’s your first attempt to create your online portfolio, consider other options. The monthly subscription will cost you $12-40 per month, depending on the plan.
For the good money you pay, you will get perks such as unlimited storage, customized domains, analytics to track online activities, and many more.
Weebly is a perfect builder because it’s super easy to use and maintain your online portfolio after it has been created. This one is much easier to navigate and use than the previous ones, so you should try this option first. Sometimes, the simpler the better, and this rule is all about Weebly. If you are looking for some fancy designs, it’s better to consider another option from the list. Templates are also adaptive, so your website will work well on different devices.
- The main thing about Weebly is that it helps you work with an easy-to-use yet personalized platform.
- If you are in a rush, you can just fill in a template ready for use, or you can change it to fit your purpose. Everything is possible here.
- Weebly offers you an option to boost your online visibility with meta tags that you can add by using the Weebly SEO tool available on the website.
- The template designs they offer are super simple, so don’t expect to find some visually rich options.
- Though you can try some third-party templates you can find on the web, keep in mind that you will have to pay extra to buy a template.
- A lot of great features are available for users with a pro/premium plan only.
Before you buy your subscription, check out the builder to see if you want to move further.
This one and a lot more outstanding builders have premium plans, so it’s better to invest some money to freely use all of them for the best results. The price for this one varies between $8 and $38 monthly. However, if you pay for an annual subscription, the price will be much lower for the basic connect plan that will cost you only $60, meaning you save $36.
Fabrik builder was designed for people in the creative field. That’s why you will be able to benefit from a wide variety of stunning and eye-catching templates. The good news is the price for the subscription is relatively low and varies from $6 to $8. It’s something everyone will be ready to buy to harvest success in the future. All templates are divided by different professions for your comfort. Simply choose a career field you work in, and you will get a list of all designs that might be perfect for your specific industry.
- All templates are highly attractive, so drawing attention won’t be a problem for you.
- Moreover, Fabrik builder is famous for its robust SEO options, so you have good chances to be ranked higher than others. Add meta titles and descriptions to make your page appear in search engine results faster.
- Another useful feature of Fabrik is that you can change the website at any time, improving it constantly to impress every person who visits it.
- Unfortunately, the significant drawback of this service is that you can’t transform or add/remove elements from a chosen template.
Making your portfolio customized is difficult, but the overall process of creation is super easy. Follow it step-by-step, and you will create a website worth clients’ and employers’ attention. The support team works around the clock, so in case you have some builder-related questions or you need to resolve some issues, you will be able to do this fast.
This builder is also designated mainly for creatives, artists and photographers with plenty of outstanding designs and templates. The choice here cannot be compared to Wix, for instance, but still, it will give you the tools to create a portfolio that can grab attention and make an impact on people seeing it.
- You can choose and try out different designs on the sidebar, and the option to move and add elements is also available in this website builder.
- SmugMug is one of the most convenient choices for building a web presence. The main advantage is that SmugMug has no plugins, and it’s ready to get monetized right away as well.
- Taking into consideration that design options are somehow limited, you should give another web gallery maker a try.
If you are not that picky, it can be a great tool. Besides, it’s extremely easy to add a contact page. SEO options are also ready for use. To get access to all functions and features on the site, you should get a paid plan. The price for this one will be from $48 to $360 per year depending on the range of features you want to access.
SmugMug will be the top choice for those people who are selling different goods on the Internet. You can start selling right after you sign up. Not all builders have such an option.
Format is a great builder specialized in creating online galleries for professional purposes. The price for the paid subscription starts from $6 and up to $25, which is relatively affordable.
- This service offers not just template designs, but also options for how your works and images will be shown to other people to catch their attention.
- This builder offers an intuitive and user-friendly interface that will facilitate the overall process of creating your online work collection.
- Keep in mind that the monthly price can become higher in case you need more space for your image storage. If you have way too many pictures, then consider option #2 (Squarespace) so that you don’t overpay.
If you don’t know where to start and how to use Format, you can browse tutorials that will guide you through the steps you are not familiar with. You can move elements on the template you choose, but don’t expect the same freedom as you get using Wix.
The option of changing colors and using different fonts is available as well. You won’t get a chance to forget about SEO as you will be reminded to add meta descriptions and titles to your images and other uploaded files. It’s paramount if you want your portfolio to be found easily by clients and employers. It’s only a matter of a few seconds to add a page with your contact details and the field for inquiries from visitors.
Most people know this service as one that helps people secure their domain names. However, fewer of them know that it also has plenty of other stunning options, such as building a website with your works. GoDaddy is a great tool you should consider to make a simple and effective portfolio.
- It offers its users 24/7 support to address all issues and get the help needed.
- The main advantage of this platform is that you can do all the important things in a single place. You can create a portfolio, deal with hosting and domain name.
- There are around 300 templates to choose from.
- The good thing is that you can change and move the elements in the template to make it suit your idea and purpose.
- As to design options, these are much more limited than in the services above. However, GoDaddy has more other useful and, most importantly, functional features that attract users.
You can create a dynamic collection of your works to make a strong impression on visitors. GoDaddy offers responsive designs to make your page look lovely on any device. An average price for the monthly plan is $6-10, so it’s more than reasonable. SEO tools are available to boost your web presence and visibility. Along with social media integration, your online gallery is bound to succeed. Taking advantage of all the options available on this platform is essential.
IM Creator is suitable for people with no coding background. It’s super easy to use and create a fabulous online gallery of your works. There is a myriad of attractive, pleasant designs to consider. If you need to make your gallery quickly and you don’t want to waste your energy and priceless hours, this one is definitely for you.
- There are ready-for-use blocks from which you can build a gallery.
- 70+ templates are available right away, and you can edit and change them the way you see fit.
- The design is mostly minimalist and emphasizes your artwork rather than distracting with a pattern-rich background. Add blocks you think are missing and delete those you don’t like, mix and match elements to get a perfect website.
- Even though design options are not that diverse and catchy as on Wix, IM Creator has a feature that allows you to mix blocks from different designs to create the most personalized site ever.
IM Creator is a piece of cake, which is also super fast so you will manage to finish the whole site in just a few hours. Take your visibility to the next level today.
To try IM Creator, you can choose both free and paid plans. Paid membership costs $9.95 per month. If you subscribe for 1, 2, or 3 years in advance, the payment will get as low as $5.95 per month.
The last but not least builder to make the list is Jimdo. You can use it to make a portfolio website, showcase your works professionally, and it is designated mostly for eCommerce users to monetize their work. Jimdo is an excellent option for artists and designers to promote their craft and get some money. For other professional purposes, it’s better to try out some other platforms described above.
There are some designs to choose from, but the options are not as diverse as on Weebly or Squarespace. However, a creative approach will allow you to come up with an impressive design to impress your visitors and clients.
- Templates are 100% mobile-friendly, making it convenient to browse your website on any device.
- Do whatever you want: add images, text, or even include a shopping cart. Everything is possible to entice visitors and spur them to make a purchase.
If the ads really bother you, you can switch them off for the lowest price on the web.
- The main downside of this creator is the complicated interface that will make it a bit difficult to navigate and build a site.
Jimdo is not a platform for the pickiest and most demanding visitors, but it’s the most convenient one if you need a simple and professional page at the same time. The price for a monthly subscription varies from $6 up to $15 depending on your needs. For this price, you will also have a support team available all the time to address all problems and help you with the process of site creation.
Everything You Need to Know about Portfolios Websites
Here is some more info that should be useful for you if you are hesitating whether you need an online portfolio or which one will be perfect for you.
What Is an Online Portfolio?
Basically, it is your digital gallery. It’s your excellent chance to create your personal brand, demonstrate the collection of the best works you have accumulated during your professional experience, and display your talent. A fast and successful job search or networking are impossible without a well-organized online gallery. Having one will be extremely beneficial not just to freelancers or job seekers, but all professionals working in the field of design, photography, content creation, architecture, web development, graphic design, advertisement, etc.
An online portfolio will allow you to find potential clients or employers faster, network easily and effectively, and take your career to the next level. Introduce yourself, describe your goals for the future, and display your best professional works.
How to Create a Portfolio Website for Free?
With an online portfolio website builder, you can now save your money on hiring a designer. You don’t need any professional help to create your own art space. The majority of creators have a premium plan, but you have the option to try an online portfolio builder for free. Committing to a premium plan right away can lead you to paying money for a website you don’t like or that doesn’t match your goals. Try out the free trial period to choose the best platform for your online gallery. However, you won’t be able to make a good one entirely for free. Choose the most affordable portfolio creator and buy a premium account that will allow using a wider range of design options and creating a portfolio website that will impress both clients and employers.
How to Choose a Professional Portfolio Website among Different Options?
It’s not an easy task to choose the best website builder for a portfolio that will be easy to use. There’s a myriad of options on the web, and opting for one particular builder will be a challenge. Consider the options we have listed and read their main pros and cons carefully. If you can’t choose one, try a few different options for free to see if the templates and features they offer fit your needs.
As you can see, an online portfolio is an excellent opportunity to stand out among others easily. Whether you are looking for a new job or clients, a web gallery is a great way to showcase your work and skills. Creating one can be easy and fast with these online portfolio websites. Choose one that suits your taste, interests, and goals the most and get ready for your future success.
- Church Websites
- Best Free Website Builders For Small Business
- Website Builders For Photographers
- Best Free Ecommerce Website Builders
- Best Website Builders For Blogs
- Drag And Drop Website Builders
- Offline Website Builders
- Mobile Website Builders
- Best Website Builder For Small Business
- Portfolio Website Builders
- Best Website Builder For Artists
- Wedding Websites Builders
- Wysiwyg Website Builder
- Cheap Website Builders
- Ecommerce Website Builders
- Membership Sites